- “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” –Flannery O’Connor
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Roberto, I suspect you are quite right! Kipling, ah!
- Roberto Bouret: Love your line about how we have become “allergic to difficulty” !
- Roberto Bouret: I do not have an answer to your questions, either. I do believe, however, that one must read, and not...
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Hey Jim, thanks! Mine is too low-res, but as soon as I get a good dvd…
- jimgroom: Inspired, fine, fine choice for a GIF. I also love this one from Raiders: http://giphy.com/gifs/india...
Category Archives: photos
The new year sounded good from the aquamarine waters of western Puerto Rico, where we had the luck to spend New Year’s Eve. This is the door to tranquillity at Crushboat beach at Aguadilla. And this is the very first … Continue reading
This is tear-bringing. Smile-inducing. Sweet. The Brown sisters have a photo portrait of them taken every year for forty years. A splendid, heart warming, light collection. On the New York Times: Go see it. Not exactly a new idea, … Continue reading
A glimpse of this iconoclastic photo triggered today a remembrance of how much I liked Helmut Newton’s powerful photo style in the 80’s. Now, I’m reminded of the model, Elsa Peretti, whom was a top-model at the time and is … Continue reading
Plaque with face of the demon Humbaba | Babylonian | Old Babylonian | The Metropolitan Museum of Art I love Babylon. This image, together with 400,000 more is available as a free resource for non-commercial use. Here.
These images tell a story of people’s beliefs. I shot them during the last week of 2013, so it is fitting they begin 2014 for Skate of the Web.