- “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” –Flannery O’Connor
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Roberto, I suspect you are quite right! Kipling, ah!
- Roberto Bouret: Love your line about how we have become “allergic to difficulty” !
- Roberto Bouret: I do not have an answer to your questions, either. I do believe, however, that one must read, and not...
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Hey Jim, thanks! Mine is too low-res, but as soon as I get a good dvd…
- jimgroom: Inspired, fine, fine choice for a GIF. I also love this one from Raiders: http://giphy.com/gifs/india...
Tag Archives: cinema
When in Rome this summer I had the opportunity to view an excellent exposition on Pasolini. There, among original artifacts, letters, newspaper articles, books, I encountered the film-maker and poet who had violently died 31 years ago. Having watched almost … Continue reading
Truth is, I was not fair to Rowan Atkinson in my post of yesterday. In it I wanted to raise the spirits with Trenet’s La Mer, sung while Mr. Bean ends up his vacation on a hilarious staircase improvised as … Continue reading
What better way to salute the new year than with a blog post? And what better than celebrating it with the beautiful “La Mer” song by Charles Trenet? A song which has been played all over the world and is … Continue reading
The doctor watches the woman in a wide-screen TV, as it were a movie. The doctor has assembled and directed the woman’s life as a film director would with his actor. We have already seen this many times, also from … Continue reading
Making remakes of successful movies is certainly an art. Some are even better than the original, many are not. It is nevertheless a treat and a hazardous business at the same time for the newer version’s director and crew. Sometimes, … Continue reading