- “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” –Flannery O’Connor
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Roberto, I suspect you are quite right! Kipling, ah!
- Roberto Bouret: Love your line about how we have become “allergic to difficulty” !
- Roberto Bouret: I do not have an answer to your questions, either. I do believe, however, that one must read, and not...
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Hey Jim, thanks! Mine is too low-res, but as soon as I get a good dvd…
- jimgroom: Inspired, fine, fine choice for a GIF. I also love this one from Raiders: http://giphy.com/gifs/india...
Tag Archives: open
Eat the Data: Reclaim the web, #CNIE2014 keynote by @brlamb expertly DJd by @draggin flickr photo by giulia.forsythe shared under a Creative Commons (BY-NC-SA) license In a previous post (The forgotten Encyclopedia) I wrote that Encyclopedias pursued a closed-world model … Continue reading
Sometimes, the Web feels too big. Like this planet, it instills in me a sense of impossibility: I’ll manage to know but a tiny bit of its wonders. And so I skate through it, sometimes getting tired of the browsing, … Continue reading
[Flickr Photo by A. Vantaggiato, CC-Licensed BY-SA-NC] The forgotten encyclopedia lies on the boardwalk, close to the street, a couple of meters off dirt, rain and abandon. Not even school libraries want it. Of course, it is old, virtually obsolete … Continue reading
Wait a minute: Closing that internet up in some way? That [annoying] internet? Paleofuture published this: Anticipating the Worst From Trump, the Internet Archive Is Building a Backup in Canada. We’re losing a lot of people because of the internet,” … Continue reading