- “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” –Flannery O’Connor
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Roberto, I suspect you are quite right! Kipling, ah!
- Roberto Bouret: Love your line about how we have become “allergic to difficulty” !
- Roberto Bouret: I do not have an answer to your questions, either. I do believe, however, that one must read, and not...
- Antonio Vantaggiato: Hey Jim, thanks! Mine is too low-res, but as soon as I get a good dvd…
- jimgroom: Inspired, fine, fine choice for a GIF. I also love this one from Raiders: http://giphy.com/gifs/india...
PhotostreamCould not fetch photos.
Category Archives: films
It’s pure terror: A moving mechanical doll is advancing toward you, and there is nobody else in the room. Not many have used this imagery to tell stories in cinema, while a lot of directors have used the simpler (but … Continue reading
I just want to talk a bit here of two films I watched, and that were quite inspiring. I saw first IMDB: A Better Splash (2015), and only later the original IMDB: La Piscine (1969) from which the former was … Continue reading
Guess what. A mashup of two among my preferred film directors, Hitchcock and Kubrick. The idea is James Stewart walking San Francisco and being assaulted by Kubrick’s characters and paranoias. For my students, this video is a lesson in creativity … Continue reading
What’s in common between Karl Marx, crime and the cuckoo clock, if anything? Well, there is first this little pamphlet written by Marx himself, titled “In praise of crime”, or something very like this. In it, Marx says that, contrary … Continue reading